The Perennial Plant Association is proud to offer five scholarships to college students studying horticulture or a related subject area coupled with attendance at the Perennial Plant Symposium. Students enrolled in a two or four-year program are eligible to apply.
Scholarship recipients receive a complimentary symposium lectures and tours registration, complimentary lodging in addition to $1000. Applications for the 2014 program are now available and completed applications are due February 2014.
Recipients of the 2013 PPA Scholarship Award
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements?
- Student should be majoring or minoring in horticulture or a related field.
- Student should have at least one quarter or semester remaining following spring term 2014.
- Student should have a minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Recipients must be able to attend the Perennial Plant Symposium in Cincinnati, Ohio July 28-August 1, 2014.
- An interest in a career in perennials is preferred, but not required.
- Undergraduate students only are eligible.
- Prior PPA scholarship recipients are ineligible.
How do I find a PPA member in my area who could be a reference for me?
I go to a technical college. May I apply for the Perennial Plant Association Scholarship?
Do I need to be in school to receive the PPA Scholarship?
Yes, you need to have at least one quarter or semester left in school after receiving the award.
How do I apply?
Application will be due in February 2014.