Magnolia Gardens Nursery is a family owned and operated business, founded in 1978 and located in Waller and Magnolia, Texas. Just 45 minutes north of Houston, our locations offer employees a beautiful place to work while still being close to all the action in the nation's 4th largest city. MGN prides itself on cultivating a team environment with the leaders of the horticulture industry. Bring your expertise to our 150-acre container nursery or our leading tissue culture laboratory and young plant production nursery. We know, understand and most importantly, appreciate the skill and dedication it takes to be successful in this industry and want to give you the foundation to flourish in our unique industry. We value our employees and look forward to learning more about you.
Magnolia Gardens Nursery is seeking an experienced Perennial Grower. This position will be responsible for hands on management and growing of our perennial, annual and tropical product mix. These duties include, but are not limited to:
• Constant care and monitoring of growing facilities for optimum crop quality, climate and placement
• Responsible for all aspects of growing, including watering, fertilizing, spraying and testing
• Develop/document high quality standards for consistently growing crops developing best practices that will be incorporated into our computer production module
• Maintain good growing practices to meet required ready dates and contract grow days
• Work with Sales to promote quality programs for our customers
• Conduct trials/experiments to evaluate possible improvements to the crop
• Meet with and understand customers’ needs and quality requirements
• Perform/track soil, water, disease tests as needed
• Identify/track/control insects
• Monitor/control computerized greenhouse environments
• Interact/communicate with dedicated, knowledgeable, well organized grower team
• Identify crop problems and develop corrective and preventative actions
• Lead/supervise 12-15 employees in the Perennial Department
The ideal candidate must be process driven, self-motivated, develop and work as part of a team, and possess strong management, organization and communication skills. Attention to safety and detail is of the utmost importance. The Perennial Grower should be capable of working within broad parameters with minimal supervision. He/she must be able to work with co-workers in a courteous, professional manner at all times. Candidates must be well organized in all aspects of work, with the ability to multi-task.
Education, training, experience:
Candidates must have at least 10 years of perennial growing or related production experience with a proven ability to execute and supervise a perennial growing team. A degree in Horticulture or related field is required.
Candidates that are interested and qualified for this position should email resumes to email@example.com